返回顶部
Bijie(China) Official Web Portal
中文版
Your position:Home >> News >> About Bijie

Historical Development

Author:zxm    From:   Time:2017-06-14   Browse:   Size:  Big  Middle  Small

Historical Development

  Bijie City: according to the record of history data, it was in the southwest of Jingzhou in Yin Dynasty, in the southeast of Shu kingdom in Zhou Dynasty, territory of Bajun in Qin Dynasty, territory of Yangke and Jianwei shires in Yizhou of Han Dynasty, territory of Yangke and Zhuti in Shu-Han, territory of Yangke, Zhuti, and Jianning in Yizhou of Jin Dynasty, territory of Ningzhou in Song, Qi, Liang Dynasties, Lulu of Cuanman in Sui Dynasty, teritory of Kunming Kingdom and then Qianzhou Command Area, territory of Hezhou, Huizhou, Gongzhou, Baozhou, Luzhou in the Five Dynasties, territory of Luoshigui Kingdom, Wusa Tribe, and Pina Tribe in Song Dynasty, territory of Xibuxue Xuanwei Department and Wumeng Xuanwei Department of Wusa in Yuan Dynasty, territory of Shuixi Xuanwei Department, Wusa Millitary and Civilian Government Office, Yongning Xuanfu Department and the four post stations of Wusa, Bijie, Chishui, and Yongning. In the fifth Kangxi year(1666) of Qing Dynasty, here were set up three government offices of Dacing(Dafang today), Qianxi, and Pingyuan(Zhijin today) and Sichuan Wusa Fu was turned into Weining Fu. In the 22nd Kangxi year(1683), Qianxi and Pingyuan were lower to be Zhou subjected to Dading Fu while in the 26th (1687), Dading was lowered to be subjected to Weining, which administrated Dading, Pingyuan, Weining Bijie and Yongning. In the seventh year(1729) of Yongzheng, Dading was promoted to administrate Qianxi, Pingyuan, Weining, Bijie, and Shuicheng. At the beginning of the Republic of China, Fu was turned into counties, which were all under the administration of Guixidao. In the 24th year(1935) of the RC, Biejie Fouth Administration Inspector-general Gongshu was set up by Guizhou Provincial Government to administrate the five counties of Bijie, Dading, Qianxi, Weining, and Shuicheng. In the 30th, Nayong and Jinsha counties were set up from the original area and Zhijin county was subjected to the Fourth Adninistration Inspector-general. In the 31st, the northwest of Weining was set up to be Hezhang county, then the Fourth Administration Inspector-general took the administration of 9 counties as Biji, Dading, Qianxi, Jinsha, Zhijin, Nayong, Shuicheng, Weining, and Hezhang. During the early period of liberation, Guizhou Government Bijie Administration Inspector-general Gongshu was set up to administrate these nine counties.

In 1950, under the counties, districts were set up, all together under 9 counties there were 55 districts. In 1953, the district was changed into district office, under the administration of the county government. And under the district were towns, which is the first grade regime organization under the county. In 1955, Weining county was changed to Weining Yi, Hui, and Miao Minorities Autonomous County. In 1958, towns were changed into peoples communes, the number of which was 671. At the same year, Dading County was changed into DaFang County. In 1970, Shuicheng County was incorporated into Shuicheng Special Administrative Region, under the administration of Liupanshui Prefecture and Bijie Administration Inspector-general Gongshu was changed to Bijie Prefecture, which administrated the counties of Bijie, Dafang, Qianxi, Jinsha, Zhijin, Nayong, Hezhang, and Weining Yi, Hui, and Miao Minorities Autonomous County. In 1991, in the whole prefecture, there were 89 districts and 736 villages and towns, of which there were 87 towns and 153 minority village areas. From 1991 to 1992, the work of setting up township and abolishing district system was started and then under the counties, the administrative area were towns without districts. In 1994, the setting up of Biejie County was revoked. In 2007, the Party Work Committee of Administration of Guizhou Famous Scenic District of Baili Azalea was set up, which was the agency sent by the Committee of Bijie Prefecture and Bijie Xingshu and holds the unified leadership of the Spot. In October, 2011, the organizational system of Bijie Prefecture and the county level Bijie City were revoked to set up the prefecture level Bijie City and the original Bijie City was changed to Qixingguan District. At the end of 2011, the government of Bijie City held the administration of two districts and 7 counties, under which 255 town agencies and 135 communities(neighborhood committees), and 3,603 villagers committees.

 

Qixingguan District: the residence of BiJi family of Yi minority in Han and Tang dynasties. At the beginning of Yuan Dynasty, Pingchiande Official Department built the courier station, the opening of which was in the new years eve that is the last festival of a year meaning Jieri in Chinese, so it was call Biji, then named Bijie Station because of the changed of sound. It was the south part of Lu Kingdom at the beginning of Zhou Dynasty, the northwest part of Yelang Kingdom during the period of Warring States, the southeast part of Shujun in Qin Dynasty, Pingyi county of Yangke Jun in the sixth year(111 B.C.) of Emperor Wu of Han, Pingyi Jun in the first Jianxing year of Jin Dynasty, Pingman Jun or Pingman Xian during the period of Emperor Jianwen in the Eastern Jin Dynasty, which was not changed the name in the Northern and Southern Dynasties, Jimilu Zhou in Tang and Song Dynasties, the frontier of Xibuxue and Yongning, Bijie guarding post in the seventh Hongwu year(1374 A.D) of Ming Dynasty, in the 21st, Chishui Post and Cengtai Post that was revoked in the 27th. In the 26th Kangxi year of Qing Dynasty, Bijie and Chishui Garding Posts were revoked to set up Biijie County, subjected to Weining Fu. In the seventh Yongzheng year, to Dading Fu. In the second year of the Republic of China, it was subjected to Qianxidao, which moved to Bijie in the seventh with the name changed into Guixidao, which was revoked in the 12th and directly subjected to the administration of Guizhou Province. In the 24th year of the RC, it became the station of the Fouth Administration Inspector-general Gongshu(Government Office), which was liberated On November 28th, 1949, and became the station of Bijie Administration Inspector-general Gongshu. In April, 1994, it was promoted to Bijie City, and in October, 2011, Qixingguan District till now.

 

Dafang County: the name of Dafang is derived from the surname of the officer who built the fortress. In the eighth ChongZhen year of Ming Dynasty, the assistant general FangGuoan was assigned to build the castle to hold troops, which was named Dafang after it was finished. In the third Kangxi year of Qing Dynasty, Xuanwei envoy AnKun rose in rebellion, which was conquered by the troops of WuSangui, who proposed a decree to bureaucratization of native officers and to set up Dafang as a provincial government administration. It was replied officially in the fifth from the Ministry of Official Personnel Affairs and then Dafang was renamed as Dading. It was the southwest part of Pingyi County in Sui Dynasty, Hezhou and Jianzhou of Jimi in Tang Dynasty, besides He and Jian, Yaozhou in Song Dynasty, the Offical Department of Muwo, Puchong, Pude in Yuan Dynasty ,subjected to Shunyuan Lu Xuanfu Department and then became Yixibuxue Xuanwei Department. In Ming Dynasty, it was subjected to Fage and Mukuaerze administrated by AnLe of Guizhou Xuanwei Department. In the fifth Kangxi year of Qing Dynasty, the four places of Fage, Huozhu, Mukua, and Ajia were set up as Dading Fu, which was lowered to Dading Zhou, subjected to Weining Fu and promoted to Dading Fu again in the seventh Yongzheng year. In the second year of the RC, Dading Fu was changed into Dading County, subjected to Qianxidao, in the 12th, directly to the Province, in the 24th, to the Fourth Administration Inspector-general Government Office, which was liberated on the day of November 25th, 1949, and then subjected to Bijie Prefecture. In 1958, it was renamed as Dafang.

 

Qianxi County: the name of Qianxi is from Yixibuxue. Yixi means water in Yi language, which indicates Liuguang River, while Buxue means the west, so Yixibuxue means the west of Liuguang River. In Yuan Dynasty, it was set up as Yixibuxue Head Administration Government. In the 15th Hongwu year of Ming Dynasty, Guizhou Provincial Commander MaHua built the castle and his troops stationed here, naming it Shuixi City. In the fifth Kangxi year of Qing Dynasty, Shuixi Xuanwei AnKun was killed and Xuanwei Department was abolished. Then Qianxi Fu was set up in Shuixi city, from which the name of Qianxi was derived. In Tang Dynasty, it belong to connected Gong and Yi, the same to Tang in Song Dynasty, subjected to Shaoqing Fu. In the fifth Kangxi year of Qing Dynasty, the places of Zewo, Yizhu, and Xiongsuo were set up as Qianxi Fu, in the 22th, lower to Qianxi Zhou, subjected to Dading Fu, while in the 26th, to Weining Fu, but in the seventh Yongzheng year, to Dading Fu again. In the third year of the RC, it was named Qianxi County. After the liberation on November 25th, it has been subjected to Bijie Prefecture till today.

 

Jinsha County: During the RC, it was planned to be set up as a county, so a report was submitted to the higher government to name it Xinmin County because there was a Xinminli in the area. But there was another Xinmin County in China, so the government named it as Jinsha, combined from the two main places of the county: Jinbaotun and Shaxiba. Simultaneously, the name of the county implies the ancient saying that under the honest and enlightened policies, gold is as valuable as sand, which also means gold washing from sand. In the tenth Daye year(614A.D) of Sui Dynasty, the east part of the county was set up as Xinan County, which was changed to Xinning County subjected to Yizhou established in the second Gaozu year of Tang Dynasty. In the fouth Zhenguan year(630 A.D.), the county moved to other places. The area of Jinsha County belonged to the joint of Yixibuxue and the frontier of Sichuan Yongning in Yuan Dynasty, the join of Xiongsuoze Xidi administrated by An Family of Guizhou Xuanei Department and the frontier of Yongning Xuanwei Department. In Qing Dynasty, it was subjected to Qianxi Zhou and Before the 30th year of the RC, to Zunyi, Dading, and Qianxi Counties. Then with four districts from Qianxi, one from Zunyi, and two from Dading, Jinsha County was set up, subjected to the Fourth Administration Inspector-general Government Office, which was liberated on the day of November 25th, 1949, and then subjected to Bijie Prefecture after 1950.

Zhijin County: it is from ancient Yi names, which had been Zhixi, Zhijin, and Zhiji and so on. In Yuan Dynasty, it was named as Zhijin with its other places named as Zhijin City, Zhijin Valley, Zhijin River, and Zhijin Gateway. In Ming Dynasty, Zhijin City was changed to Bila City. In the fifth Kangxi year of Qing Dynasty, Pingyuan Fu was set in the City. In the second year of the RC, it was named Pingyuan County and the next year, changed back into Zhijin County. The area of Zhijin belonged to Guifang in Shang and Zhou Dynasties, to Yangke Kingdom during the Spring and Autumn Period, to Yelang Kingdom during the Warring States, to Hanyang County of Ba Jun in Qin Dynasty, to Yangke Jun of Yizhou in Han Dynasty, to Pingyi Couty of Yangke Jun in Shu-Han Dynasty, to Luodian Kingdom during the later period of Shu-Han, to Yangke of Ningzhou in Qin Dynasty, to Luodian Kingdom in Tang Dynasty, to Huizhou of Shaoqing Fu in Song Dynasty, to Xuanwei Department of Yixibuxue in Yuan Dynasty, to Longkua and Duoni administrated by Guizhou Xuanwei Department An Family. In the fifth Kangxi year, the four places of Longkuai, Didu, Duoni, and Ajia were set up as Piangyuan Fu and Guixidao was also put here to rectify the mistakes that might be made by the around three Fus. In the tenth Kangxi year, Guixidao was moved to Bijie, in the 22nd, lowered to Pingyuanzhou, subjected to Dading Fu, in the 26th, to Weining Fu, in the seventh Yongzheng year, to Dading fu, in the 14th Qianlong year, three Lis of Shifeng were subjected to Shuichengting. In the second year of the RC, Pingyuanzhou was changed to Pingyuan County, in the 24th, it was subjected to the Second Administration Inspector-general Government Office, and in the 26th, to the Fourth, which was liberated on the day of November 25th, 1949, and then subjected to Bijie Prefecture.

 

Nayong County: named from Ciyong River, which was transliterated from the ancient Yi language, and before the Ming Dynasty, it was translated as Layong. When setting up the county in the 30th year of the RC, because the county government office Datuchang is near Ciyong River, it was named as Nayong from the ancient words of Namin Yongxi. The area of Nayong was Hanyang at the beginning of Qin Dynasty, subjected to Pingyi County in the Western Han Dynasty, to Hezhou and Tangwangzhou in Tang Dynasty, to Luoshigui Kingdom in Song Dynasty, to Yixibuxue Xuanwei Administration area in Yuan Dynasty, to Huozhuze administrated by An Family of Guizhou Xuanwei Department in Ming Dynasty, and to Dading Fu in Qing Dynasty. In the 30th year of the RC, districts of the fifth, seventh, part of the sixth of Dading, part of Shuicheng, Langdai, and Zhijin were set up as Nayong County, subjected to the Fourth Administration Inspector-general Government Office, which was liberated on the day of December 16th, 1949, and then subjected to Bijie Prefecture after 1950.

 

Weining County: its ancient name is Wulongqing. In the fifth Kangxi year of Qing Dynasty, it was set up as Weining County, thus the derivation of the name. The area of Weining County belonged to Yangke and Yelang kingdoms in Zhou Dynasty, to Shu Jun in Qin Dynasty, to Jianwei Jun in the Western Han Dynasty, to the middle-south of Jianwei Kingdom in the East Han Dynasty, to the middle of the south of Zhuti Jun in Shu-Han Dynasty, and not changed in Jin, Song, Qi, Liang, and Chen Dynasties. In Sui Dynasty, it was left to be the waste land. In the second Wansuitongtian year(679 A.D) of Tang Wu Queen, it was set up as the controlled Baozhou. It was Wasa Tribe of the west of the controlled states subjected to Shaoqing Fu in Song Dynasty, controlled by Nanzhao, set up as Wusalu in the 13th Zhiyuan year of Yuan Dynasty, Wusa Xuanwei Department of soldiers and civilians in the 21st, promoted to Wusa Wumeng Xuanwei Department in the 24th, subjected to Yunnan Province, set up as Wusa Guarding Post in the 15th Hongwu year of Ming Dynasty, subjected to Yuannan Provincial Commander Department, changed to Soldiers and Civilians Fu in the sixth Longqing year, subjected to Sichuan Chief Secretary Department, Changed to Weining Fu in the fifth Kangxi year of Qing Dynasty, subjected to Guizhou, in the sith, Weining Town was set up, and in the 26th, Wusa Garding Post was revoked to be included into Weining Fu, which was lowered to Weining Zhou in the seventh Yongzheng year, and in the 12th, setting up the Victory Routing Inspection Department. In the 17th Qianlong year, Guixidao was moved to Weining. In the second year of the RC, it was changed to Weining County, subjected to Qianxidao, and to the Fourth Administration Inspector-general in the 24th. In the 31st, part of the county was separated to set up Hezhang County. Weining County was liberated on December 17th, 1949 and 1954, it was named as Weining Yi, Hui, and Miao Minorities Autonomous Region,and in 1955, Weining Yi, Hui, and Miao Minorities Autonomous County.

 

Hezhang County: its name is derived from a river named Motechuan. In the 14th Hongwu year of Ming Dynasty, Yinchuan Marquis FuYoude marched to conquer the South, building a mud castle on the south bank of Motechuan and sending troops to guard here, in the 15th, setting up Heizhang Delivery Post., in the 24th, setting up Heizhangpu, in the 26th Kangxi year of Qing Dynasty, sett up Heizhangxun, in the fourth Yongzheng year, changing Heizhang into Hezhang. The area of Hezhang County was subjected to Hanyang County in Qin Dynasty, to Jianwei Jun in the Western Han Dynasty, to Zhuti Jun in the Eastern Han Dynasty, to Ningzhou in the Western Jin Dynasty, to Zhuti Jun in the Northern an Southern Dynasties, to Cuan Family Lulu Tribe in Sui Dynasty, to Baozhou in Tang Dynasty, to Wusa Tribe of Shaoqing Fu in Song Dynasty. It was set up as Wusa Xuanwei Department in Yuan Dynasty, Wusa Garding Post in Ming Dynasty, subjected to Weiningzhou in Qing Dynasty, as Hezhang Branch County to Weining County in the seventh year of the RC. In the 31st year, the east part of Weining County was set up as Hezhang County, subject to the Fourth Administration Inspector-general Government Office. It was liberated on December 11th, 1949. On January 14th, 1950, the Peoples Government of Hezhang County was founded, which is subjected to Bijie Prefecture after 1950.

 

The Scenic District of Baili Azalea: set up at the end of 2007, administrating towns of Pudi and Dashui of Dafang County, Jinpo and Renhe of Qianxi County, and villages like Longzhu, Longfeng, Longping, Zaigong, Qingmen, Dahaiba, Xiangyejiao, and Shisun. It is the 4A tourism scenic spot in China. The Party Work Committee and the Administration Committee are county level organizations assigned by the Prefecture Committee and the Administrative Office to hold the unified leadership of the whole Azalea Area.

Edit:  Recommend Print
Related article

Copyright ?2015 Bijie Municipal Information Office All Rights Reserved.